Tuesday, September 8, 2009

6am?

So, my buddy David came up with the idea of shooting (shooting=taking pictures; I am sure u'all know the words not to say in the same sentence with DC) in DC before sunrise. I usually dont know when the sun rises cause I am in dream land, but I just read a book about the 10 000hr rule; most people have to put in at least 10 000hrs into their skill/hobby/job etc before they can achieve anything substantial. Long story short, lazy pple dont do well. Shooting at 6am gets me a little closer to my 10 000hrs.

Our meet up point was the Lincoln Memorial. Met there around 6:10(close enough!). It was a fun shoot...you could almost do whatever cause the place was empty(apart from security). The downside was going to work after the shoot...one more story to tell my kids.

Enjoy the pix!








3 comments:

  1. I love the sunrise shots of the Washington Monument. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em. I might be making another 6am trip to get the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reeeeally cool pics Gbenga, we should frame some and put them on display in the office! I esp like the sunflower one :) i think it was worth getting up early...all your talk about getting rid of laziness is inspiring

    ReplyDelete